Step 1: Activating the debug console
- Find the game folder in the Documents (C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few).
- Go to the folder Config, and then the folder WindowsNoEditor.
- Open Input.ini file using Notepad or similar software.
- Write the following lines in the document:|
(Text might already be present in the document keybinds were changed. Do not erase the text. The new lines can be added at the end of the file as seen in the following screenshot.)
- Save the document and close it.
- Start the game.
The debug console is now accessible in-game by pressing the top left key (~ on an English keyboard), right under “ESC”. Not all keyboard layouts are supported. Default to English US if there are any problems.
It can be closed by pressing “ESC”.
Step 2: Finding the worldseed
With the debug console enabled:
- Choose the desired save file and load it.
- Open the debug console by pressing twice the top left key on the keyboard (under “esc”). (Pressing only once allows to type the command, but not to see the result.)
- Type “showworldseed” (without the quotation marks).
- Press “Enter”.
Debug Console after sending the command
The worldseed is shown in the debug console window and can be noted.
Example of a worldseed: Worldseed DB34998549571A0959B2DAA96757B143