Cross-Save functionality allows you to pass a game save between the PlayStation Vita and the PlayStation 3 versions of Borderlands 2, and vice versa.
From the platform that currently has the save file that you want to transfer:
- In the main menu of Borderlands 2 select the character you wish to transfer.
- Select the bottom option on the menu, “Cross-Save”
- While connected to the Sony Entertainment Network/PSN select “Upload Current Character”
- Allow the process to complete, there will be an indicator on the middle-left of the screen that flashes and reads “Uploading”, once that stops flashing, your save has been successfully uploaded.
Now switch to the platform you want to move the save file to:
- In the main menu of Borderlands 2 select the bottom option, “Cross-Save”
- While connected to the Sony Entertainment Network/PSN select “Download Character”
- A message should pop up indicating the save file you currently have stored in the cloud slot, and giving you the option to download the save file or cancel the download operation. Select “Download”.
- Select a slot on your system’s memory to save the character to (Be careful not to overwrite any existing save slots you’d like to keep!).
- Allow the save operation to complete
- The transferred character is now available to use on your this platform. When you’re ready to move them back, repeat the process.
Notes: There is only one cloud slot available at a time. To clear your cloud slot, either download any existing data you have stored in the cloud to one of your platforms, or overwrite it by uploading another file.
You may not be able to access DLC inventory items or other downloadable content between systems unless that content is purchased and installed on both platforms. If you transfer a character who has DLC related items and is saved on a DLC map, they will be loaded into Windshear Waste, with the DLC items hidden and inaccessible on any platform that does not have that content. Once that character is returned to a platform with the content installed, the maps and items will be accessible again.