Monday August 27th, 2018
We Happy Few 1.3 - Hotfix
Platform specific versions:
The first post-launch binary patch for We Happy Few addresses progression blockers, limited performance issues and crashes. A larger content update will be available soon, addressing performance optimization and other issues.
- Sometimes, the “Rise” prompt was not shown when your character respawns sitting on a bench. Now it will be.
- In rare cases, the keys required to complete the I Sing Body Electric and Ex Cathedra encounters would not spawn. This occurred when the player was spawned too close to the NPC when loading a saved game in a very specific situation. This issue is resolved for all new players, and players with saves currently experiencing this issue have been given the keys to continue their progression.
- Using a bobby whistle in a crowd of Wastrels will no longer freeze the game.
- Fix crash in physics simulation.
- Fix crash on exit (crash when quitting the game).
- Fix crash in media framework (returning to the main menu very quickly after saving).
- Fix crash when applying some status effects.
- Fix memory leak in status effects. May result in minor performance improvement by reducing HUD performance impact over time.
- To help with debugging rare world generation issues, the player’s world seed has been added to the pause menu next to the build number.
- Version number increased to 1.3.
- We have added a guard to prevent the PS4 from saving the game while it is low on memory to prevent the system from classifying these saves as corrupted. This issue can still occur with other crashes, but the number of corrupted saves should be substantially reduced.
- Unfortunately this issue is due to the PS4 automatically flagging “crashing while saving” as data corruption, regardless of actual corruption. As a result, we are unable to restore “corrupted” saves. We apologise to all players who lost progression as a result.
- Changing anti-aliasing options had no noticeable effect. These options are now correctly wired into the graphics settings.
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
44848 - Life in Technicolour Xbox Combined Hotfix
Gameplay Alpha 6.2
This is the combined Xbox hotfix for the Life in Technicolour update, and contains a bunch of code and content fixes to improve the game.
- Fix case where player could get stuck after riding the Jubilator in I Sing Body Electric.
- Fix case where an objective would not complete in Mystery House.
- Fix case where NPCs would be missing upon returning to Mushroom Log.
- Fix an issue with map marker not updating correctly upon posting flyer at 1st location in Speaker’s Corner.
- Fix the map marker for finding Margery’s diary in Give a Pig a Pancake.
- Fix for unexpected failure of Speaker’s Corner quest.
- Mysterious chest will now open again after finding a bell in it.
- Fix case where Faraday would not talk into the window after you drop off the bucket in House of the Inventor.
- Make sure eviscerator will spawn on reload if it is needed.
- Fix for the dealer not being invisible inside his cart.
- NPCs in Mystery House had a weird backward cone of vision. Cones now face forward.
- Fix for infinite loading screen at the end of the Escape quest.
- Create recipe for metal tubes - can be used to create some hard-to-find items.
- Using any health/stamina/regen boost will now give you back an empty syringe in your inventory.
- Fix detection direction on worship animation.
- Canteens no longer disappear on use.
- NPCs should no longer have ridiculous quantities of loot.
- Some NPCs that should not be out in the day (or the night) should now better respect their schedules. The plague wastrel invasion should be no more.
- NPCs should no longer slide all over the place for no good reason. Any sliding should now be intentional sliding.
- Joy use and coin collected statistics are now reported correctly.
- Allow button hold to move stack of items in a single action.
- Fixed HUD status effects not updating while in the inventory screen on Downer and Birdwatcher.
- Fix missing bound key for consumable items in inventory.
- Fixed problems with time passing and stat calculations when fast travelling.
- Fixed an issue with key binding displays not updating after they are changed.
- Fixed double clicking to track quests on quest screen.
- Fixed an issue where some of the input displays weren't always updating.
- Added mouse over sounds for the player sub menu buttons.
- Fixed a problem where an invisible UI element was blocking legend entries from being selected.
- Crop status effects in the status effect screen if they are too long.
- Fix for some icons not showing up in the map.
- Fixed an issue causing journal entry tracked and unread icons to overlap.
- Fixed some issues where players couldn’t remap key bindings.
- Tab key now closes the inventory menu.
- Fixed some of the loading screen movies that weren’t displaying properly.
- Add loading screen videos while streaming in-game.
- Fixed cases where interaction between vomiting and using a Joy Booth would cause the player to be stuck inside the booth.
- Fixed crash on talking to NPCs in Shibboleth quest.
- Fixed a number of crash points while moving around the world.
- Fixed a number of other crash cases.
- Disabled in-progress support for HDR displays that was causing washed-out graphics for some users. Players may need to restart the game if they still see issues after this update. HDR displays will be supported in our 1.0 release.