Thursday January 24th, 2019
We Happy Few 1.6 Release Notes
This patch contains a new save game system, performance optimizations, crash fixes, fixes for
progression blockers, fixes for gameplay bugs, and localization fixes.
• Reworked save system and menu. You now have access to significantly more saves and
save slots than before.
• Performance improvements.
• Crash fixes.
• Fix for audio corruption issue that could occur after extended periods of play.
• Many localization fixes.
• Many stuck spots fixed and missing collision added.
• Added missing names to the credits.
• Fixed issue where, rarely, the game could return to the main menu after loading occurs.
• Save games will no longer rarely get stuck in a state where no input is accepted, including the
• Loading videos will no longer use the default 'Happy is the Country with no Past' if the user is
playing in a language other than English
• Subtitles no longer keep playing when pausing a cinematic.
• Dying now loads the most recent save state, rather than the last autosave.
• Emitted lights will no longer sometimes fail to render when entering an area for the first time.
• Save/Load no longer causes (Unconscious) NPCs to be tagged as (Deceased) when loading
back in. Don’t worry - they were never really dead, just mislabelled.
• Alternating the quality game settings no longer causes the weapons equipped on characters
to disappear from view.
• Train station flashback audio should now always play during their related cutscene.
• Running too fast can no longer cause visual/collision issues.
• Systemic NPCs and those who should be on patrol in encounters should no longer
occasionally stand in place motionless until suspicion is triggered.
• Large amounts of corpses or NPCs no longer cause game to behave oddly.
• Subtitles should now appear in cinematics for community localizations during Arthur's
• Combat: Combo controls - improved weapon combo feel.
• Combat: AIs should no longer attack when not in range.
• Shoe durability was way too high. Now shoes should not last until the heat death of the
• Chronobalm is no longer effective during cutscenes, conversations and certain animations,
which could cause synchronization issues. Reloading the game while under Chronobalm
effects also no longer makes Sally move significantly faster without feedback until the effect
• Go Go Juice no longer puts the player into a dying state once it expires. Instead, Go Go Juice
withdrawal has been implemented.
• Somnambulax effect now depletes over time.
• Crawling into a window will no longer cause the player to become stuck.
• Rubbish bin hiding has been reworked to not allow you to get stuck in geometry when leaving
the hiding spot.
• After the final cutscene of Sally's story, the game will no longer occasionally freeze after
pressing "A" to start Ollie's story.
• Fixed possible locations for the Common Pituitary Fluid and Beefy Pituitary Fluid.
• Sally: Previously harvested butterflies no longer re-spawn in an unharvestable state.
• Sally: Jubilator Activator and Advanced Machine bits now spawn to craft any upgraded
version of the Jolly Brolly.
• Sally/Ollie can now run once the stamina bar has been depleted at the Hard difficulty while
having the Plague, Low Blood Sugar and the Hunger Status Effects.
• Arthur/Ollie - The Truth Shall Set You Free: Artifacting no longer occurs on remember/forget
scene if random buttons are pushed.
• Arthur/Sally: After acquiring the backstabber skill, tranquilizer darts will no longer one shot kill
unaware wastrels on the first two garden district islands. Also tranquilizer darts no longer do
• Ollie: Can no longer get stuck in a death loop due to high blood sugar.
• NPCs should no longer be missing their hair variants in-game.
• NPCs now gesture in conversation when standing in front of each other.
• Fast travelling while in toxic fog no longer causes the character to continue taking damage.
• Flavor text of the Victory Meat no longer incorrectly states that it contains Joy.
• Getting shoved while getting inside a Joy booth no longer causes the character to get stuck
• Fixed issues caused by looking down, jumping and getting close enough to mantle a window
that has furniture in front of it.
• Opening chests with a lock-pick while having a weapon equipped no longer causes the
weapon to suddenly appear horizontally on screen during the unlock animation.
• Power Cells in compliment machines no longer appear removable.
• Quickly alternating between certain actions and the dropping prompt while carrying a body no
longer prevents it from being dropped/thrown.
• Running into thrown bodies no longer sends them flying away.
• No longer possible to buy more than what the character has money for, which lead to an
infinite money exploit.
• The player can no longer remain indefinitely suspicious due to vandalism.
• Grapefruit Juice behaviour is now consistent with its stats.
• Lockpicking a door at a certain angle no longer causes the player to pick the lock from the
other side of the door.
• Players should now always be able to exit the Maidenholm shelter.
• Quest NPCs will now respawn if you lure them more than 150 meters away from their
location, forcing them to disappear.
• On Easy difficulty, fast traveling no longer depletes the Hunger and Thirst meters, eventually
triggering the debuffs.
• Corporal Cheeseman will no longer fall out of world when hit by Ollie with an enhanced cricket
• Plagued Wastrels now aggro/attack the player on sight in all cases.
• Player can no longer obtain the Bone Saw with the Breaker Manual.
• No longer possible to duplicate equipment by equipping a stack and dropping directly from the
• Food poisoning and drugged state caused by Histoplasma statuses no longer refresh after
performing a save/load.
• Tea no longer has a Joy bar in its description.
• Toasted Chicory no longer has a Joy bar in its description.
• Joy overdose is now no longer suspicious to NPCs in the Village.
• Throwing a preplaced body right after grabbing it no longer causes issues.
• Blocking or attacking while vomiting, no longer pauses vomiting or leads to temporary
• Player now receives murder credit from bleeders.
• The prompt to carry a body while performing a takedown now correctly informs the player to
HOLD the button rather than press it.
• The "Container" menu now shows all items by default (instead of the last item tab selected).
• Car “trunk” renamed to “boot”, in accordance with Her Majesty’s lexicon.
• Failed quests now moved to the “Completed” section of the Journal.
• Ollie: Pressing the "Continue" button from the main menu after completing Ollie's progression
could prompt a confirmation but doesn't load any game.
• Controller Aim Sensitivity X text spells "Hotizontal" instead of Horizontal. This one pains us
• Flashbacks in the theatre will no longer be played from the beginning upon pausing and
• Buying until the till goes past 999£ no longer causes the till counter to split and become hard
• Failing an encounter before obtaining it no longer causes the journal entry to be blank.
• The fully extended carrying capacity tip has been amended for better clarity.
• Objects given to the player via blueprint nodes now properly give the player a notification.
• Status UI overlaps with the compass when the aspect ratio is 4:3 or 16:10.
• Added a prompt informing the player how to confirm Fast Travel when using a controller for
• Fixed news prompt in main menu when using a controller.
• Removed player death statistic from the statistics screen.
Achievements and Collectibles
• Uncle Jack Show broadcasts will now be unlocked in the Theatre when watching them on a
home TV or listening to them on a radio already turned on, if you watch/listen for a few seconds.
• “Gimme Shelter” achievement now correctly unlocks after discovering all five shelters
(previously was 4).
• "You Do Know Jack" achievement now correctly unlocks when collecting the last mask in
Sally's Story (even though 1 broadcast was still missing).
• "Gotta Catch Them All!" achievement now unlocked after collecting the correct number of
• The 'Swimming' mask in The Great Stink will now be visible from further away.
• "News Hour - Well look at you!" is now present in the theatre after collection.
• Bobby poppers and other objects should no longer be able to spawn in front of doors or
entrances to hiding alleys.
• Benches should no longer smerge with waste bins, post boxes, walls, joy booths or other
• Dig Spots should now always spawn at the right height to dig them.
• Ollie - A Pomaceous Puzzles: Bobbies and gas mask now spawn on all world seeds.
• Fixed issues where the shape of the Garden District Islands may create holes and stuck spots
around the edges of the islands where the Village and the Wild portions merge.
• Village - Hills and roads/streets can no longer generate lower than intended, leading to
• Ollie: Fixed floating terrain in Lud's Holm
• Sally: Fixed road generating irregularly on a certain worldgen.
• Arthur - "A Malpractice of Doctors": The “Quarantine Access Code” that drops from a Doctor
inside the building on the second floor has been renamed so that it no longer is misleading.
• Arthur - "The House of the Inventor": Giving the Pipe Valve to James, before Arthur completes
his phrase and triggers the next step, no longer removes the item from the player's inventory
without completing it.
• Arthur - A Malpractice of Doctors: The player can no longer get under the Doctor HQ.
• Arthur - A Malpractice of doctors: Subtitles added for the announcer during the cutscene when
entering the Wellington Wells institute.
• Arthur - A Model Citizen: No longer possible to push Ugo Sassoon into the wall stopping
Arthur's ability to complete the quest.
• Arthur - A Model Citizen: Returning to the main menu directly after activating the hatch no
longer causes issues.
• Arthur - A Teaspoon of Sugar: The encounter will now spawn more regularly.
• Arthur - An Awkward Courtship: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up the
Spare Gear no longer causes it to be missing on reload.
• Arthur - Antijubilatarianism: Green checkered corrupted texture present in the alley where the
broken Jubilator is is now fixed.
• Arthur - Awkward Courtship: Hostile NPCs can no longer pick up the Cleaver in the basket
before it spawns, preventing from completing the quest.
• Arthur - Band of Brothers: Can no longer enter the military camp by jumping from the signs
scattered around the dump to the big roof, which previously caused the cutscene to never
trigger leading to a progression break.
• Arthur - Band of Brothers: Added missing prompt message informing the player that a lockpick
is needed in order to unlock the door to the dump if approached without bobby pins.
• Arthur - Band of Brothers: Performing a Save/Load after entering the Military Camp no longer
allows the player to mantle on top of tanks and jump outside of the Camp.
• Arthur - Band of Brothers: Resuming play after being defeated or quitting in the military camp
no longer causes Arthur to be immediately attacked upon loading in the game.
• Arthur - Britannia: Fixed invisible elevator in motilene mine.
• Arthur - Britannia: The vending machine inside the broadcast tower, past the point of no
return, no longer sells nothing.
• Arthur - Ceci n'est pas une pipe - No longer able to fix pipe before objective, which could
break the Encounter.
• Arthur - Church Of Simon Says: Added missing subtitles for the first sequence as Arthur
enters inside the church.
• Arthur - Church of Simon Says: Overdosing on Joy during the Simon Says mini-game no
longer prevents Arthur from pressing the buttons.
• Arthur - Church of Simon Says: No longer possible to get stuck inside the metal shutters after
completing the quest.
• Arthur - Church of Simon Says: Taking a pill while Arthur is dancing no longer allows him to
leave the quest and continue to dance.
• Arthur - Collectible Mask: "Home Again" collectible mask now has subtitles.
• Arthur - Constant Gardeners: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up
Humphrey’s Note no longer causes it to be missing on reload.
• Arthur - Constant Gardeners: The player can no longer give Bob Neximide after failing the
encounter (this was causing confusion about whether the quest was failed).
• Arthur - Edie Goes Downer: Edie and the first aid kit should no longer float above the ground.
• Arthur - Edie Goes Downer: Quote from getting the objective no longer repeats itself each
time a save/load is performed.
• Arthur - Finding Faraday: No longer possible to activate the prompt to speak to the Bobby at
the reception while he is away causing him to be absent in the cutscene.
• Arthur - Finding Faraday: VO when Arthur enters records rooms now triggers consistently.
• Arthur - Future Perfect: Performing a Save/Load as the cannon fires a shot towards the
Director's Office no longer causes the player to load back in without an objective active.
• Arthur - Future Perfect: Performing a Save/Load while exiting the Health Institute during the
Escape Headquarters objective no longer causes the player to reload in the Village with the
objective still active.
• Arthur - Future Perfect: The Future Perfect encounter should now always be given to the
player after completing Hostile Takeover.
• Arthur - Haute cuisine: Killing the kidnappers before the first objective appears no longer
causes the quest to be unable to be completed.
• Arthur - Haworth Labs: Cutscene no longer replays after reloading the checkpoint after
Verloc’s intro is completed.
• Arthur - Hostile Takeover: Save and load after exiting the document control area no longer
locks the door from the exit side.
• Arthur - House Call: The quest is no longer labeled as a Side Quest (it is required to complete
the main story).
• Arthur - How To Be Sneaky: Applying a bleed effect to the first patrolling guard no longer
locks the player in a cutscene loop.
• Arthur - How To Be Sneaky: Attacking the Hooligan 4-5 times will no longer lock the player in
• Arthur - How To Be Sneaky: Hiding in the ventilation shaft previously could cause the
Headboy to run out of the quest area allowing Arthur to move through the camp without
accomplishing any of the objectives.
• Arthur - I Sing the Body Electric: After completing Haworth Labs the quest will no longer
• Arthur - I Sing the Body Electric: Arthur no longer takes damage from invisible gas after going
down the hatch. He now takes damage from visible gas.
• Arthur - I Sing the Body Electric: Attacking the 3 NPC in the back alley no longer causes the
quest marker for the location to disappear.
• Arthur - I Sing the Body Electric: Backtracking after entering and exiting the Jubilator no
longer causes the gate to close behind the player.
• Arthur - I Sing the Body Electric: Performing a save/load or dying after turning on the power
no longer causes the player to take continuous damage for no reason.
• Arthur - I Yam What I Yam: NPCs now respawn after failing the encounter by performing a
Takedown on them, no longer preventing quest completion.
• Arthur - I Yam What I Yam: The first objective of the quest now has a map marker.
• Arthur - I Yam what I Yam: The quest fail, restarts, and is impossible to complete if Arthur
attacks the NPCs just before picking up the Golden Yam. Also fixed issue where you could toss
a grenade and pick up the yam quickly, which broke the encounter. Now the yam floats back up
if you defy the yam god and prove to be unworthy.
• Arthur - In the Still of the Night: Streaming the objective location during Decrease Heat of
Furnace objective no longer leads to a progression break.
• Arthur - Looks like Rain: Fast traveling after giving the Sewing Kit to Mrs. Pankhurst no longer
causes the quest to become uncompletable.
• Arthur - Love Birds: Entering combat near the encounter couple then streaming the encounter
out may cause Benedick and Beatrice to be seated on the wrong bench upon returning. Now
they will be on the right bench.
• Arthur - Love Birds: Added missing encounter icon on map.
• Arthur - Love Birds: Returning to Benedick and interacting with him without the night blooming
nonsuch no longer causes the cutscene to activate in the bunker upon returning to acquire the
item from Arthur's Stash.
• Arthur - Madame's Magic Wand: Added objective marker (map/compass) for the first objective
of the side encounter.
• Arthur - Malpractice of Doctors: The Doctors on the second floor no longer ignore the player.
• Arthur - Mastermind: Symbols' visuals now reset with the puzzle after 4 unsuccessful
• Arthur - Military Camp: No longer possible to mantle out of the camp by jumping from the top
of General Byng's office towards the wired fence, blocking main path progression.
• Arthur - Model Citizen - Quest can now be completed when the hatch is activated before the
last objective is received.
• Arthur - Moon Juice Leech: Simply being in combat near the side quest no longer fails the
encounter at any objective.
• Arthur - Mother’s Little Helper: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up
Chaney’s Notes no longer causes them to be missing on reload.
• Arthur - Mysterious Chest: Loot from the Mysterious Chest no longer disappears from the
inventory when the objective reverts to 'Wait a Day or Two'.
• Arthur - Oh Behave!: Can no longer loot any Joy Pills in Eel Pie Holm, which could lead to a
progression break by overdosing during the bridge encounter.
• Arthur - Oh Behave!: The player is no longer able to sit in the chair through the window of the
fake village house, which allowed the quiz to be skipped.
• Arthur - Oh, Behave!: Returning to the first stash room quickly just before entering the next
corridor could cause the first door to close, leading to Arthur remaining stuck.
• Arthur - Parade District: Black checkered corrupted textures no longer present on road/grass
in two small areas near the Health Institute.
• Arthur - Plassey Bridge: Removed ability to climb onto the catwalk and fix the bridge without
going through the door on some world seeds.
• Arthur - Plough Boy's Lunch: Ed can no longer be picked up from behind the wall in the alley
where he is located, which could lead to a progression break.
• Arthur - Point of Departure: Animation for lockpicking the fallen desk is no longer misaligned.
• Arthur - Point of Departure: The train station does not increase in LOD as the player
• Arthur - Point of Departure: There is a stuck spot in the giant rubble pile prior to the Hooligan
• Arthur - Prologue: Misleading "Sit" and "Stand" prompt surrounded by a black screen can no
longer be seen for a few seconds before the first scene is loaded with Arthur.
• Arthur - Public Works - The quest is no longer autocompleted when a save load is performed
in the middle of the “Open All Windows” objective.
• Arthur - Ravensholm - The Scottish Play: Ollie's model should now behave correctly with
lighting during the cutscene.
• Arthur - Really Bad Gas: The objective marker for the objective "Repair The Pipe" remains
visible on the map after being completed.
• Arthur - Really Bad Gas: The objective to repair the pipe does not complete in the journal after
Arthur repairs it.
• Arthur - Rorke's Drift Bridge: Wastrels should no longer disappear when Arthur leaves the
• Arthur - Rorke's Drift Bridge: Sometimes, skipping the cutscene when arriving in Edenham
could cause the female NPC to slowly slide towards the camera and lack animation in the
• Arthur - Shibboleth: Black flickering should no longer appear on NPCs and Arthur appear
during the encounter.
• Arthur - Shibboleth: Player no longer gets stuck in a transition loop when killing the Hooligans
while being more than 150m away from the encounter.
• Arthur - Shibboleth: The game no longer constantly auto saves if one of the attacking
hooligans runs away after taking damage.
• Arthur - Shocking Carelessness: Completing the "Turn the power back on" objective now
updates the quest.
• Arthur - Improved performance drop on GPU thread when looking in the approximate direction
of Rorke's Drift Bridge from inside the Crib House.
• Arthur - Speaker's Corner: Attacking or talking to William Godwin causes him to stand up and
walk, despite his broken leg. That was a bit silly, wasn’t it.
• Arthur - Speaker's Corner: Triggering the side quest at night then returning to the park just
before 7am should no longer cause issues.
• Arthur - St. George's Holm: It is no longer possible to pick-lock the Newspaper Office's door
and enter the building before getting the Haworth Labs quest.
• Arthur - Start Spreading The News: Idle chat about coffee from the co-workers in the office no
longer continues to play during the cutscene with the chief causing Arthur to respond and break
• Arthur - The Church of Simon Says: Rarely, participating in the Simon Says competition for
the first time can lead to a progression break.
• Arthur - The Church of Simon Says: Various skill upgrades are no longer permanently
removed from the player when doing the Simon Says game.
• Arthur - The English Vice: The front gates to the Reform Club can no longer be locked which
could teleport the character when attempting to pick either lock.
• Arthur - The English Vice: The Red Bobby will now properly accept the player while wearing a
catsuit if they previously aggro an NPC.
• Arthur - The Faraday Cage: Performing a save/load during the flashback after the 3rd
extraction now completes the objective.
• Arthur - The Faraday Cage: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up the Letter
no longer causes it to be missing on reload.
• Arthur - The Great Stink: Reloading the game when the jubilator enters the narrow corridor
should no longer cause it to remain stuck on the hatch it blew off the wall.
• Arthur - The Great Stink: The extra/duplicate notes down here have been removed.
• Arthur - The Great Stink: The pathing of the Jubilator patrolling the hallway can theoretically
no longer break according to our witch doctor.
• Arthur - The Great Stink: The Worker's Keycard is now looted automatically when carrying the
body, which could lead to a progression break when losing the body.
• Arthur - The House of the inventor: Save/Load after talking to James no longer resets him to
his original position making it hard for the player to see the prompt to give him the valve.
• Arthur - The Scottish Play: The lighting no longer flickers during the jump scare cutscene on
• Arthur - The Slaughterer's Apprentice: Streaming at the objective "Do or do not" no longer
causes the prompt to be missing upon returning to the Culty's Shop.
• Arthur - Walkabout: Saving and returning to the main menu while digging the grave no longer
causes it to be non-interactive.
• Arthur - Walkabout: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up the Toy Car no
longer causes the quest to never be acquired.
• Arthur - Wild Picnic: Quickly unlocking the chest with the Multi-Tool as soon it’s lowered, no
longer prevents the objective from updating.
• Arthur - Worldgen - Returning to the Main Menu while standing in front of the red Bobby in the
reform club no longer causes the camera to go under the town.
• Arthur - Worldgen: Fixed rare issue where large portions of the map did not have visible
• Arthur - You Can't Beat the Odds: On some world seeds, one or two of the Plough Boys can
stay stuck outside.
• Arthur – Crazy Legs: Completing quest then, after a while, returning to the quest zone will no
longer give the quest to the player again.
• Arthur – Cub Reporter: The player no longer has to skip the cutscene where Arthur discovers
the burglar in the house.
• Arthur – Shibboleth: Scaring the 3 attackers by reducing their health or with the “Intimidator”
status buff will now complete the “Help them survive the night” objective.
• Arthur – Should Auld Acquaintance: Fast Traveling from the encounter before triggering the
cutscene with the Constable will no longer break progression.
• Arthur – Sympathy for the Lightbearer: Subtitles added for the cutscene when Arthur first
meets Nick Lightbearer.
• Arthur – The Faraday Cage: James can no longer float in mid-air when he spins the valve
• Arthur: Barrow Holm: NPCs should no longer clip through chair and the ground.
• Arthur: On a specific world seed Cutty could have nothing to sell.
• Arthur: On a specific world seed, performing a save/load in an area at/around Sally's place
could lead to a black screen.
• Arthur: Parade Market Shopkeepers now have money to buy stuff from the player.
• Arthur: Phone Booth-specific dig spots can no longer be found randomly, and are now only
rewards for listening to phone calls.
• Arthur: The O Courant Article 2 uses the word 'maid' instead of 'made'.
• Sally - "Connect the Dots": In the Military Camp, the item Honey is now "steal" rather than
• Sally - "Reservations": Auto-saves no longer trigger in short intervals, which could reduce
• Sally - A Sea Change: Using items or drawing out a weapon while carrying Gwen in the
Carrycot no longer causes them to float in the air.
• Sally - Alterations: Mrs. Pankhurst now has money, meaning that you can sell to her.
• Sally - Baby Feeder: Installing the Baby Feeder while Gwen needs to be changed no longer
prevents her from being changed, which could cause the status effect/icon to remain present
• Sally - Baby Feeder: Objective now correctly states that Sally has to 'Come back in 2 days'
instead of 3 days.
• Sally - Bad Chemistry: On a certain world seed, Harry Cavendish's house now spawns at
• Sally - Bad Chemistry / Baby Transport: Fixed infinite loading screen that could occur after
triggering 'Baby Transport' quest.
• Sally - Cutty's Shop: Going in the shop at night no longer causes it to become closed forever.
• Sally - Don't cry over tinned milk: Talking to Lionel while sprinting on phlash will no longer trap
the player in a cutscene.
• Sally - Home Cooking: Returning to the main menu after the auto-save during the Bobbies
singing number no longer prevent the "Connect the Dots" story quest from starting after
resuming the game.
• Sally - Hope Chest: Fixed progression blocker caused by one of the Headboys spawning
above terrain, out of streaming range.
• Sally - Keep the home fires burning: Entering Sally's apartment through the back door and
hugging the wall no longer enables the player to extinguish the fires before the objective (could
cause a progression break).
• Sally - Millihelen: Loading an autosave that occurred after knocking out a cultist by drugging
the chalice no longer causes the kill for the "Incapacitate all the Cultists" objective to not count.
• Sally - Millihelen: Quitting the game as the Cultist puts down the poisoned cup (before auto
save) no longer causes the Cultist to be dead while not updating the objective blocking the main
• Sally - Peachy's Final Mission: It is now easier to mantle on top of the bookshelf on the base
level in the house.
• Sally - Peachy's Final Mission: Johnny Bolton no longer spawns below the tree house, making
him float and causing the camera to point at the floor during the cutscene
• Sally - Peachy's Final Mission: Killing the NPCs fails the quest and now correctly moves it to
the failed section.
• Sally - Peachy's Final Mission: Last three of the five doors of the Avon Puppet Theatre can
now be unlocked with lockpicks.
• Sally - Peachy’s Final Mission: No longer possible to incapacitate the quest giving NPCs with
Knockout Syringes, causing the quest to become uncompletable.
• Sally - Prologue - No longer possible to get locked outside Sally’s bedroom.
• Sally - Ratholm: The shutter blocking entrance into Ratholm is now visible again.
• Sally - Reservations: No longer possible to mantle out the barricaded window on the second
• Sally - The Framers: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up any of the
evidence no longer causes it to be missing on reload.
• Sally - Unsafe House - Performing a save/load during the fight no longer leads to General
Byng only noticing Sally when close to her.
• Sally - Unsafe House: General Byng now paths properly around walls and objects to get to
• Sally - Unsafe House: General Byng is no longer standing in front of the lab door, which
caused Sally to clip through him when she exit the lab.
• Sally - Unsafe House: Going out of range of Byng and talking to him while jumping back into
range no longer causes issues.
• Sally - Unsafe House: Performing a save/load during the General Byng's fight no longer
causes Byng to be missing from the area.
• Sally - Wakey Wakey: Dying during the quest no longer reloads the last manual save.
• Sally - Wakey Wakey: The player can no longer throw and push Spud Murphy's body on the
other side of the wall
• Sally: Johnny Bolton now always has stuff to sell.
• Arthur/Sally - Tits Up Downer - Lore pick-up is no longer missing from the downer's suitcase.
• Arthur/Ollie - Parade District: Climbing on the cliff on the right side of the park allows
characters to reach unintended area leading to multiple issues.
• Arthur/Sally: Performing a takedown on the corner pub seller causes the player to be stuck in
the selling space.
• Ollie - A Dead Man's Best Friend: Taking and gutting open the Salty Dog before Margaret
finishes her voiceline no longer results in the "Find the Salty Dog" objective to not complete.
• Ollie - A Pomaceous Puzzle: Saving and returning to the main menu when picking up the Gas
Bomb no longer causes it to be missing on reload.
• Ollie - Cathouse - Repairing the fridge and then save/loading no longer causes the fridge door
• Ollie - Constabulary Removal: Killing the Dealer's associates no longer causes the quest to be
impossible to complete.
• Ollie - Crazy Legs: Streaming after or during the fight with the Hooligans no longer prevents
the side quest from being completed.
• Ollie - Crazy Legs: The prompt to talk to Eric Liddell is no longer temporarily missing for more
than a minute if he's attacked by Bees at the 1st objective.
• Ollie - Gung Hoster: Baden-Powel can no longer be stuck in the floor.
• Ollie - Jericho - Improved performance in this area.
• Ollie - Jericho: Last group of hooligans with the female wastrel are no longer invincible.
• Ollie - Jericho: Triggering the cutscene in the 4th room before Margaret finishes her dialogue
no longer causes the player to remain stuck halfway through the cutscene.
• Ollie - Jericho: Using an explosive while on a moving elevator no longer causes multiple
camera and character issues.
• Ollie - Lud's Holm: Part of the Train Station is no longer seen floating in the air after the
• Ollie - Maidenholm: The Shady Dealer now has money, so you can sell stuff to him.
• Ollie - Manned Flight: Closing the game while Ollie is loading out of the DSIR no longer
causes him to reload inside and be unable to leave.
• Ollie - Military Bridge: The player can no longer cross the bridge on some world seeds before
finishing 'Decamped' mission.
• Ollie - Motilene Gives You Wings: The quest log no longer remains blank if Ralph is killed
before the quest is triggered.
• Ollie - No Place Like Home: The second Bobby now notices Victoria immediately.
• Ollie - The Truth Shall Set You Free: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up
the tape could cause it to be missing on reload, preventing completion of the quest.
• Ollie - The Truth Shall Set You Free: The hammer is no longer invisible while Ollie is using it
during the last cutscene.
• Ollie - The Truth Shall Set You Free: The player can no longer fast travel mid-air after jumping
off the Broadcast Tower roof.
• Ollie - What Lies Beneath: Saving and returning to the main menu while picking up the Bee
Cannon could cause it to be missing on reload.
• Ollie - What Lies Beneath: Speaking to the blue Bobby before entering the house could not
update the quest, making it impossible to talk to James until returning outside.
• Ollie: Black textures can no longer be seen flickering during Ollie's opening cutscene.
• Ollie: High blood sugar state could not deplete and keep the player in a state of losing health.
• Ollie: Added subtitles during "The Simple Plan" flashback.
• Ollie: The last cutscene when not taking the Joy now has audio when trying to skip it.
• Ollie: The player is now always able to exit the interior of one of the village shelters when
playing as Ollie on a specific world seed.
Saturday October 20th, 2018
We Happy Few 1.5 Release Notes
Platform specific versions:
This patch contains performance optimizations, crash fixes, fixes for progression blockers, fixes
for gameplay bugs, and localization fixes.
- Framerate improvements across all platforms.
- Memory use improvements across all platforms.
- Can no longer use seating when occupied by NPCs.
- NPCs can no longer slide while in idle state, or when interacted with in specific circumstances.
- NPCs no longer start gliding off benches and remaining in sitting stance.
- Talking to one of the two NPCs sitting on a Bench as a couple can no longer cause the other to slide off.
- NPCs now sit on benches correctly in all cases. We hope.
- WorldGen: Large cliffs will no longer spawn in front of bridges, blocking main path progression.
- Worldgen: Eel Pie Holm can no longer spawn overlapping into Barrow Holm Island.
- Fixed a number of rare and random crash issues.
- Fixed crash caused by soaking for an extended period of time in-game, in the Pause menu or in the Player menus.
- Fixed rare crash caused by continuing a previously saved game from the main menu.
- Ollie: Fixed crash caused by hitting continue after death.
- Ollie: Fixed rare freeze when NPCs are defeated by punching the Spiky Suit.
- Ollie: Having more than one unique item (Padded Suit in this case), will no longer permanently place it in the inventory when moving it to and from the stash, which previously lead to a loss of functionality.
- Fast traveling past toxic fog in V01 to V01 will no longer cause the player to lose health.
- Pipe smoking NPCs no longer float a few feet in the air. Unlike Canada, Wellington Wells does not believe in being high.
- The player can no longer take damage while the game is loading as a result of running through the village.
- Sally - Ratholm: Multiple yellow flower patches no longer cause a performance drop while hiding in them.
- Sally - Unsafe House: General Byng now has facial animation when he screams while he attacks.
- Sally: Fixed rare cases of players being stuck in a black screen for 35 seconds after feeding Gwen and answering the door.
- UI - Sally/OIlie: Starting max weights for Ollie and Sally now appear correctly from the start (previously appeared as 100 until a save/load was performed).
- Arthur - A Malpractice of Doctors: Fixed rare crash caused by using a save from 1.0, then obtaining the ''Shut Down the Quarantine Protocol'' objective.
- Arthur - Beginning of the Endocrine - Bring the Extracts to the Chemist: Fixed infinite cutscene occurring when talking then moving away and skipping the cutscene before Stewart starts talking.
- Arthur - Looks Like Rain: Mrs Pankhurst no longer occasionally immediately becomes hostile or remains hostile stopping Arthur from completing the quest.
- Arthur - Oh, Behave! - Watching the Uncle Jack etiquette minute show no longer gives the "I Hear You - Whose Uncle Are You? " collectible - collectible must now be gained in the intended way.
- Arthur - Speaker's Corner: Fixed rare crash when navigating to the third flyer location.
- Arthur - Start Spreading The News: Idle chat about coffee from the co-workers in the office no longer distracts Arthur during the cutscene with the chief.
- Arthur - The Faraday Cage: Fixed crash when player was sprinting to complete the quest.
- Arthur - Walkabout: Mum's ghost can no longer go through hills and then stay stuck underground.
- Arthur - The Great Stink: Fixed crash caused by entering steam stream on 3rd floor of control room 3.
- Arthur - The House of the Inventor: Fixed the game crashing on rare occasions during the loading screen after dying from the poison gas trap.
- Arthur: Fixed uncommon crash caused by using a save from 1.0, when Arthur exits or enter the Wellington Under shelter via the ladder.
- Ollie - Jericho: Fixed freeze caused by loading a 1.0 save file and then obtaining the ''Defuse the Bomb!'' objective.
- Sally - "The Salty Dog": One of the Cap'n's chests can no longer be opened before acquiring the key.
- Sally - Connect The Dots: Navigating to the Garden district during the objective "Visit Arthur In The Garden District" no longer causes an infinite load screen.
- Sally - Millihelen: Corporal Hardy, like other pipe smokers, no longer floats in the air while smoking a pipe in the boathouse.
- Sally: The apothecary's inventory is no longer occasionally empty.
- Sally: The prompt to feed Gwen is no longer present after installing the Baby Feeder and progressing. Also fixed old save games that ran into the permanent debuff issue.
Collision and Stuck Spots
- Fixed invisible collision in Nick Lightbearer's house causing a stuck spot when jumping near the table.
- Arthur: Fixed stuck spot when jumping down from the Health Institute's area to a lower section in the District Parade.
- Arthur: Fixed stuck spot when mantling the right side of a fountain located to the left of the Health Institute in the Parade District.
- Arthur - A Malpractice of Doctors: Fixed stuck spot on the second floor to the right behind a white cart.
- Arthur - Barrow Holm: Fixed stuck spot by climbing on a broken building nearby Edenham and jumping behind some debris.
- Arthur - Barrow Holm: Fixed stuck spot when jumping between a tree and a rock on the left side of the Headboy Camp.
- Arthur - Brittania: Fixed several stuck spots caused by jumping from the steam blower that's just before the Joy Detector.
- Arthur - Britannia: Fixed stuck spot located behind a few wooden crates to the right of the stairwell after the downer detector booths trapping Arthur.
- Arthur - Britannia: Fixed stuck spot in the control room, between the wall and the file cabinets.
- Arthur - Britannia: Fixed rare crash when using a 1.0 save from the start of Britannia, when going back to the main menu and loading a save from the first objective.
- Arthur - Haworth Labs: Fixed invisible collision behind a control panel and a stack of barrels located in the second part of the conveyor belt area trapping Arthur behind them.
- Arthur - Haworth Labs: Fixed invisible collision behind a few objects in the secret office causing Arthur to remain trapped behind them.
- Arthur - Haworth Labs: Fixed invisible collision between the cylindrical container and tarp covered containers causing Arthur to remain trapped.
- Arthur - Lilies of the Field: No longer possible to bypass the collision on a set of cardboard boxes inside the shed found in the secret garden temporarily trapping Arthur.
- Arthur - Lud's Holm: Fixed stuck spot in the debris of an unmarked ruined house near the left corner of the map.
- Arthur - Lud's Holm: Fixed stuck spot located in the debris of a broken down home near the abandoned house containing the motilene.
- Arthur - Lud's Holm: Fixed stuck spot in a broken building next to Dr. Faraday's house.
- Arthur - Lud's Holm: Fixed stuck spot located in the debris of a broken down home near the abandoned house containing the motilene.
- Arthur - Lud's Holm: Fixed stuck spot to the left of the large wooden entrance of the altar of the yam.
- Arthur - Malpractice of Doctors: Added collision on the upper wall of a corner on the second floor of the Health Institute, preventing the player from getting outside of the level.
- Arthur - Military Camp: No longer possible to mantle out of the camp using the tank that Arthur jumps into during the cutscene.
- Arthur - Mystery House: Fixed stuck spot when Arthur jumps onto the second large tree found in the courtyard near the rear entrance.
- Arthur - Mystery House: Fixed stuck spot between the piano and the bookcase in the left part of the ceremonial room.
- Arthur - Parade District: Removed invisible collisions present on the road at the junction toward the DSIR building.
- Arthur - Point of Departure: Removed stuck spot in corner of the rocky mound after exiting the first window and viewing the second cutscene in the train station.
- Arthur - Point of Departure: Vaulting back up the left part of the cliff near the garbage can and pile of debris on the bridge no longer can cause Arthur to remain trapped in the ground.
- Arthur - Rorke's Drift Bridge: Save/Load after prying open the vent no longer keeps it locked.
- Arthur - Rorke's Drift Bridge: Vaulting over the stone base of the statue in front of the church can no longer cause Arthur to move into a permanent stuck spot.
- Arthur - St-George's Holm: Prevented stuck spot from climbing an invisible collision near the Workbench inside St-George's Holm secondary hatch.
- Arthur - The Faraday Cage: Fixed misaligned collision on the left wall of the Faraday house, previously allowing Arthur to bypass the wall and remain trapped.
- Arthur - The Great Stink: Fixed stuck spot between a pipe and the window in the room with the poisonous gas.
- Arthur - Thomasina House: Fixed Arthur being able to vault out of the window located up the right stairwell and then remain trapped within the walls of the house.
- Military Camp - Distillery: Climbing on top of the Maintenance Cabinet near the tree no longer causes the character to get into a stuck spot.
- Military Camp: No longer possible to reach a stuck spot when jumping from the roof of the Depot building and mantling on top of a wired fence.
- Ollie - A Dead Man's Best Friend: The player obtaining the Salty Dog before obtaining the quest no longer causes a progression break.
- Sally - Ex Cathedra: Fixed stuck spot by the exit of the train station
- Sally - Ratholm: Fixed misaligned collision on the large tree near the keycard reader, previously resulting in multiple stuck spots.
- Sally - Ratholm: Fixed stuck spot between the wall and a pipe on the right, near the toxic waste water pipe.
- Sally - Ratholm: Fixed stuck spot on top of toxic waste pipes between a pipe and the catwalk.
- Sally - Reservations: Fixed stuck spot between a couch and the wall, in the room with the poison pot.
- Sally - Sally's Place: Fixed stuck spot between the wall and the round chair inside of Sally's bedroom.
- Arthur: Weapon "The Staff" now is translated across all languages.
- All notes should now appear in the player’s language of choice.
- Arthur - Subtitles: Many lines during the talk between Arthur and Ollie in the bunker now correctly appear in the player’s chosen language (and not English).
- Arthur - Subtitles: Multiple lines during the talk between Arthur and Ollie in the Train Station Tower now appear in the player’s chosen language (and not English).
- Arthur - Subtitles: Two lines during the talk between Arthur and Ollie in the train station now appear in the player’s chosen language (and not English).
- Chinese: Long dashes no longer appear as two small dashes in Chinese.
- French: Wakey, Wakey: Translation for "Blower" is now "Tube Pneumatique" and not "Expirateur" in the objective.
- French: Trespassing warning message no longer has translation error.
- French: The gender of "Joy" is now (correctly) female instead of male.
- French: Every instance of Foggy Jack's "c'est tout pour aujourd'hui" has been replaced with "c'est tout pour vous aujourd'hui".
- Spanish: Fixed translation error for "¡Los Cabezones molan!"
- Ollie: "The Jacobean Society Rules" note is now translated in Chinese.
- Phenocycline Jab flavor text is now translated in supported languages.
- "The English Vice" objective is now translated in all languages.
- The Targeting Reticle (Game & HUD) option in the menu is now translated in all languages.
- Two strings when entering into the Odds and Ends no longer appear in English when playing in any other language.
- General fixes for Chinese.
- General fixes for French.
- General fixes for Italian.
- General fixes for Japanese.
- General fixes for Portuguese
- General fixes for Russian.
- Throwing all your items on the ground and quitting to main menu no longer makes the game crash if it’s running on “Ultra” graphical settings.
- Arthur - No Exit: Game no longer crashes when Arthur attempts to enter the Lud's Holm shelter at night while in combat with a hooligan.
Monday September 24, 2018
Platform specific versions:
The second post-launch patch for We Happy Few addresses performance optimization, crash fixes, progression blockers, some gameplay bugs, and a couple of small balance issues.
We will continue to work on performance and gameplay improvements after this update.
- Performance Improvements: CPU/hard drive optimizations implemented, meaning that there will be improved framerate and fewer textures and objects showing up at the wrong level of detail.
- Performance Improvements: Memory leaks fixed meaning that the game should crash much less frequently on console.
- NPCs will no longer teleport/attach directly to you during combat.
- Fixed black screen transitions on weather changes when travelling through the world.
- The VO line 'Arthur Hastings! I thought you'd turned into a-- oh, never mind, here you are!' no longer occurs when playing as Sally or Ollie.
- Fixed rare cases where players reported seeing duplicate assets (Doors, and even cinematic characters).
- Crashes fixes for a wide range of issues.
- Fast Traveling to a hatch farther than around 200m after interacting with the package no longer crashes the game.
- Arthur - Fixed game occasionally crashing when a loading screen occurs after reaching the Parade District and going back to the Garden District.
- Fixed frequent crash when reloading a saved game in the parade district a few seconds after loading is over.
- Fixed crash caused by save/loading in Apple Holm station before point of no return.
- Fixed crash caused by reloading the autosave created every time Arthur crosses from Barrow Holm to Eel Pie Holm when Arthur has progressed a good distance from the bridge.
- Fixed the game occasionally crashing at the end of the unlock animation when acquiring the documents portraying Faraday's whereabouts in the Bobby HQ.
- Fixed crash when giving NPC a quest item and immediately fast traveling.
- Fixed crash in Malpractice of Doctors caused by save/loading inside the encounter
- Fixed crash when moving into combat while on the Plassey Bridge.
- Fixed crash caused by fast traveling or streaming in/out after dropping the possibly heinous package.
- Fixed occasional crashing during the loading screen when fast traveling to the Barrow Holm Track Access Hatch from another island.
- Fixed occasional crash when answering the door and skipping the cutscene as Sally.
- Fixed occasional crash after Arthur’s Hostile Takeover/document control checkpoint.
- Fixed crash in The Still Of The Night when rapidly filling bottles with strange alcohol.
- Fixed many small / one off crashes.
- Weapon "The Staff" appears in English when playing in another language.
- Dark Linen can now be found in Arthur’s playing, allowing him to craft the Fab Threads.
- Fast Travel: Removed the non-functional/misleading "Travel" prompt when interacting on the map with a controller.
- Skill Tree: Fatal food poisoning status effect will now not go away when unlocking the Iron Stomach skill.
- Skill Tree: The Tireless skill now works as intended
- Map markers for shops will now show up from further away.
- Power cells, empty power cells and canteens will no longer be auto stored in the stash. Now, they live in the gadgets/gadgets/survival categories in the inventory menu and you will have to store them manually.
- Teacups now appear in the crafting components category of the Inventory, and will be stored as part of the “Place All” crafting components option.
- Player will no longer be stunned by bees while wearing a Padded Suit or other thick suits.
- The Bee Cannon no longer loses all its bees after reloading the game.
- Lead Pipes wrongly classified as Heavy weapons, now just regular weapons.
- Ollie: Can no longer fast travel to Parade District without opening the hatch in the Parade District.
- Loading the Last Shelter Visited Save after completing a safehouse quest, will no longer cause it to become stuck in the journal.
- Sally: Dexipam recipe can no longer be found systemically, which could lead to duplicate recipes being awarded.
- Arthur/Ollie - Honey from the Bee Tree now lootable in all situations.
- Arthur - The Germany memory will now appear in the Theatre after collecting it.
- Arthur - When using a save from 1.0, Arthur would be unable to complete Track Access Hatch quests. Now he can.
- Arthur - WorldGen: Bobby HQ will now spawn in all cases.
- Arthur - A Malpractice of Doctors: The effect of coconut joy no longer stays until save/load.
- Arthur - Band of Brothers: Closing the door and going to the main menu right after unlocking the door to the dump can no longer create a progression break.
- Arthur - Britannia: Sometimes, infinite loading would occur after watching the last cutscene.
- Arthur - Cub Reporter: Dying while in Gemma's house could lead to infinite loading.
- Arthur - Finding Faraday: Ask the Duty Officer: Running around the Bobby HQ could cause a freeze.
- Arthur - Finding Faraday: Wellington Wells Constabulary becomes shuttered in at night, players can now leave if they don’t want to wait.
- Arthur - Hostile Takeover: The cutscene outside of Hostile Takeover that gives the player Future Perfect will now play in all cases.
- Arthur - House of Curious Behaviors: The red bobby will now always open the gate if the player save/loads after entering the House for the first time.
- Arthur - Malpractice of Doctors: Returning to main menu while deactivating quarantine protocols no longer can lead to a loss of functionality.
- Arthur - Malpractice of Doctors: Returning to the main menu during the experiment saves the game despite the message saying it won't, leading to multiple save/load issues. Now correctly does not save.
- Arthur - Malpractice of Doctors: Fighting in the Joy Detector beam no longer causes the game to freeze.
- Arthur - Mother's Little Helper: You can now pick up the notes by the table after all save/load conditions, no longer blocks quest progress.
- Arthur - Mystery House: NPCs now react to Arthur when returning to the encounter, after performing a save/load during the objective "Neutralize the cultist".
- Arthur - Possibly Heinous Package: Easier now to pick up the package.
- Arthur - Superb Meat Boy: Killing the Plough boys before they leave the alley no longer results in a blocker.
- Arthur - The Slaughterer's Apprentice: Getting shocked while in a trashcan no longer breaks progression.
- Arthur - Slaughterer's Apprentice: The broken eviscerator part now won’t fall through the floor after using the machine the first time.
- Arthur - You Can't Beat The Odds: The Plough Boys will now always enter the shop, allowing the progress to continue.
- Arthur - A Model Citizen: Doing a save/load before taking the reward no longer causes the player to be unable to move.
- Arthur - A Model Citizen: Going away from the quest location during the objective "Help the Models" no longer blocks progression.
- Arthur - In the Still of the Night: Player can now progress by filling a bottle with the strange alcohol.
- Arthur - Plough Boy's Lunch: Placing Ed down then performing a save/load no longer causes Ed to be buried alive (spawn underground).
- Arthur - Future Perfect: The lever for rotating the machines in the DSIR will now always be rotated correctly.
- Arthur - The Faraday Cage: It is now possible to load a saved game that was created during the Faraday Cage questline while using a save from 1.0.
- Arthur - The Great Stink: Performing a save/load after picking up the "Jubilator Grand Derby" note no longer causes the lore to be placed in notes twice.
- Arthur: The Great Stink: The Jubilator in the tunnel no longer gets stuck in place.
- Arthur - The Two Musketeers: Fixed occasional infinite loading when going back to main menu before and after the last cutscene.
- Arthur - Point of Departure: Fixed saving and quitting after the flash back causing Arthur to respawn stuck on the camp island, depending on world generation.
- Arthur - A Malpractice of Doctors: Fixed missing subtitles for the announcer when arriving at the Wellington Health Institute top floor.
- Arthur - Britannia: Final cutscene now has subtitles.
- Arthur - Subtitles: Fixed lines during the talk in the bunker appearing in English when playing in another language.
- Arthur - Subtitles: Fixed lines during the talk in the Train Station Tower appearing in English when playing in another language
- Arthur - Subtitles: Two lines during the talk between Arthur and Ollie in the train station appears in English when playing in another language.
- Arthur - Subtitles: Cult of Jack: Subtitles, objectives and descriptions were in English when playing in another language.
- Arthur - Subtitles: Turning the subtitle option on at the military base entrance no longer displays a full page of dialogue obstructing the player's view, even though that was kind of funny.
- Arthur - Subtitles: Two strings when entering into the Odds and Ends appear in English when playing in any other language
- Ollie - Manned Flight: Performing a save/load at the back of the room on the right side at the objective "Get in Cannon" no longer blocks progression.
- Ollie - Pomaceous Puzzle: The gas masks will now always spawn when reaching the quest for the first time.
- Ollie - The Truth Shall Set You Free: After credit cutscene now has subtitles.
- Ollie - The Truth Shall Set You Free: Using a bobby whistle before triggering the cutscene of the executive committee no longer causes the game to freeze once the cutscene starts.
- Sally - Bad Dreams: The quest no longer automatically completes after the first cutscene.
- Sally: Doing a save/load or dying on Wednesday's hill no longer leads to a permanent death loop.
- Version number increased to 1.4.
- Localization fixes all over the place.
- Custom Game option difficulties are now correctly translated.
- Curfew #1 broadcast now has subtitles.
- Added missing name in credits
- Fixed ALT TAB and closing the application from the desktop menu while having two save slots with game saved caused both slots to merge together.
- Arthur - Conflict Resolution: Rarely, Danny will equip a rock and try to only attack with it, making it impossible to progress. Danny can no longer throw rocks.
- UI - Fast Travel: Controller button prompts no longer displayed when using a keyboard and mouse.
Monday August 20th, 2018
We Happy Few 1.3 - Hotfix
Platform specific versions:
The first post-launch binary patch for We Happy Few addresses progression blockers, limited performance issues and crashes. A larger content update will be available soon, addressing performance optimization and other issues.
- Sometimes, the “Rise” prompt was not shown when your character respawns sitting on a bench. Now it will be.
- In rare cases, the keys required to complete the I Sing Body Electric and Ex Cathedra encounters would not spawn. This occurred when the player was spawned too close to the NPC when loading a saved game in a very specific situation. This issue is resolved for all new players, and players with saves currently experiencing this issue have been given the keys to continue their progression.
- Using a bobby whistle in a crowd of Wastrels will no longer freeze the game.
- Fix crash in physics simulation.
- Fix crash on exit (crash when quitting the game).
- Fix crash in media framework (returning to the main menu very quickly after saving).
- Fix crash when applying some status effects.
- Fix memory leak in status effects. May result in minor performance improvement by reducing HUD performance impact over time.
- To help with debugging rare world generation issues, the player’s world seed has been added to the pause menu next to the build number.
- Version number increased to 1.3.
- Changing anti-aliasing options had no noticeable effect. These options are now correctly wired into the graphics settings.
Monday, August 28th, 2017
44776 - Life in Technicolour Hotfix 2 Gameplay Alpha 6.2
This is the second PC hotfix for the Life in Technicolour update, and contains a bunch of code
and content fixes to improve the game.
• Fix case where player could get stuck after riding the Jubilator in I Sing Body Electric.
• Fix case where an objective would not complete in Mystery House.
• Fix case where NPCs would be missing upon returning to Mushroom Log.
• Fix an issue with map marker not updating correctly upon posting flyer at 1st location in
• Fix the map marker for finding Margery’s diary in Give a Pig a Pancake.
• Fix for unexpected failure of Speaker’s Corner quest.
• Mysterious chest will now open again after finding a bell in it.
• Fix case where Faraday would not talk into the window after you drop off the bucket in House
of the Inventor.
• Make sure eviscerator will spawn on reload if it is needed.
• Fix for the dealer not being invisible inside his cart.
• Create recipe for metal tubes - can be used to create some hard-to-find items.
• Using any health/stamina/regen boost will now give you back an empty syringe in your
• Fix detection direction on worship animation.
• Canteens no longer disappear after being used.
• Allow button hold to move stack of items in a single action.
• Fixed HUD status effects not updating while in the inventory screen on Downer and
• Fix missing bound key for consumable items in inventory.
• Fixed problems with time passing and stat calculations when fast travelling.
• Fixed an issue with key binding displays not updating after they are changed.
• Fixed double clicking to track quests on quest screen.
• Fixed an issue where some of the input displays weren't always updating.
• Added mouse over sounds for the player sub menu buttons.
• Fixed a problem where an invisible UI element was blocking legend entries from being
• Crop status effects in the status effect screen if they are too long.
• Fix for some icons not showing up in the map.
• Fix an issue causing journal entry tracked and unread icons to overlap.
• Fix a few more cases where HDR support could be enabled in old configuration data.
• Add loading screen videos while streaming in-game.
• Fix cases where interaction between vomiting and using a Joy Booth would cause the player
to be stuck inside the booth.
• Fix crash on talking to NPCs in Shibboleth quest.
• Fix a number of other crash cases.
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017
44631 - Life in Technicolour Hotfix 1
This is the first hotfix for the Life in Technicolour release and addresses some of the crash
issues players were encountering. A second hotfix to address blocking issues in quests will be
released in the near future.
Hotfix 1 Changes
Fix a number of crash points while moving around the world.
NPCs should no longer have ridiculous quantities of loot.
Some NPCs that should not be out in the day (or the night) should now better respect their schedules. The plague wastrel invasion should be no more.
NPCs should no longer slide all over the place for no good reason. Any sliding should now be intentional sliding.
NPCs in Mystery House had a weird backward cone of vision. Cones now face forward.
Disabled in-progress support for HDR displays that was causing washed-out graphics for some users. Players may need to restart the game if they still see issues after this update.
HDR displays will be supported in our 1.0 release.
Fix some issues where players couldn’t remap key bindings.
Joy use and coin collected statistics are now reported correctly.
Fix for infinite loading screen at the end of the Escape quest.
Tab key now closes the inventory menu.
Fix some of the loading screen movies that weren’t displaying properly.
Added extra checks to localization tool to catch some issues with submitted files